Where are your classes located?
The Curious Fork - 512 Via de La Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014
Cooking Class General Information
- Seating in our classes is on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend early arrival if you would like group seating. Doors open 30 minutes prior to start of class.
- Most classes are demonstration-style and last 2 to 2.5 hours unless otherwise noted.
- A tasting of the dishes demonstrated in class will be served.
- Teachers reserve the right to alter menus due to seasonal availability of ingredients.
- In Hands-On classes, we encourage long pants and close-toed/rubber-soled shoes. Aprons, knives and utensils are provided for in-class use.
- The Curious Fork's reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. If a class is canceled, we will contact you by phone and transfer your fee to another class of your choice or refund your fee.
- The classroom is air-conditioned in order to keep both the instructor and the audience comfortable. The temperature may vary during the course of a class. We suggest you bring a sweater or wrap.
- All registrations and cancellations go through our office in Del Mar, California. Please call 877-CURIOUS for assistance.
- A reservation canceled by 5:00 PM fourteen days or more in advance of a reserved class date entitles you to a full refund of the class fee or a transfer to another class. The reservations office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, hence, reservations for classes held on weekends must be canceled by 5:00 PM on the prior Friday two weeks in advance of the canceled class date.
- A reservation canceled by 5:00 PM at least seven days in advance entitles you to switch your reservation to a future class date selected at the time of cancellation - NO LATER - with an appropriate payment for any additional cost.
- A reservation canceled 7 days or less prior to the reserved class date is non-refundable, unless the class is sold out, has a waiting list, and The Curious Forks is able to accommodate your cancellation with a reservation from the waiting list. You may, however, send someone in your place. If you send someone in the class as your replacement they must qualify for the class (age wise) and we need notification up to 24 hours in advance regarding the name of the person who will be taking your place.
What is the difference between demo and hands-on?
Taking a demonstration class is akin to being at the chef’s table, where you watch the chef cook and get a taste of everything on the menu. In hands-on classes, you put on an apron, are divided into groups and each group prepares a part of the menu.
Do they feed us in class?
You will enjoy a tasting portion of each dish prepared in class. However, the first dish may not be served until 45 minutes or more after class begins. We reserve the right to make menu alterations due to seasonal availability.
How long will the class last?
Demonstration classes generally last about 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Hands-on classes generally take about 2-1/2 to 3 hours. If a class wavers significantly from this time frame, such as Lunch 101, it will be noted in the class description.
What is the format of your classes?
We offer two different formats listed below. Classes are 2 to 2½ hours in length. You will be given a tasting size portion of all the dishes prepared during the class. We will also provide you with recipes for all the menu items.
Hands On: These are full participation classes. Students take part in practicing techniques and preparing the menu items. Hands-on classes are limited to 16 people.
Demonstration: Designed as an observation class, participants watch while chefs explain and show recipe preparation and cooking techniques. Class is limited to 32 people.
Kids: Classes are limited to children between the ages of 8 to 12.
Teens: Our teen classes are limited to the ages of 13 to 18.
Is there reserved seating?
Seating is first-come, first-served. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the start of class
What should I bring to class?
In hands-on classes, please wear long pants and closed-toed, rubber-soled shoes. We will provide aprons, knives and other equipment for in class use. In a demonstration class, you may wish to bring a sweater, since the room is air conditioned to offset the heat from cooking.
Are beverages served during class?
We offer complimentary water during classes.
Do I have to register in advance or can I just show up?
Please register in advance. We have to place orders in advance for ingredients. In addition, if there are not enough students registered for a class, we may have to cancel the class.
What if I can’t attend a class?
Please call the cooking school office at 877-CURIOUS at least 5 business days before the class to hold credit to reschedule and 10 business days before the class to receive a full refund. If you need to cancel fewer than 5 business days before the class and we cannot fill your space from a wait list, it will be too late to reschedule for another class, though you may send a friend to attend class in your place.
What happens if my class is cancelled?
When a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, we will issue you a full refund in kind or transfer your credit to another class, your choice.
Do you offer team building cooking classes or cooking parties?
Several times a week! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is the minimum age to attend a class?
We offer classes for children of various ages under 12. Children ages 12 and 13 are welcome to enroll in our regular classes, at the full price of admission, accompanied by a paying adult. Children 14 and older may attend class unaccompanied by an adult.
Product and Shipping FAQ’s
Do you gift wrap?
Yes, gift wrapping is available for most items. During the online checkout process you may designate the items that you would like to have gift wrapped. Gift wrapping charges of $5.00 per item apply.
What if I want to return a gift?
We guarantee your complete satisfaction with the products we sell from our stores, catalog and website. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your gift, we will either replace it or exchange it for another item or a The Curious Fork gift card equal to the amount of the returned item. If you have a The Curious Fork receipt, gift receipt, or shipping invoice we will also refund you the purchase price. We offer two ways to return merchandise. Either take it to any one of our stores, or return it to our Direct Returns Department. To return items to our Direct Returns Department, please include the following:
- order number
- item number being returned, and name/description
- if item is being exchanged: item number for exchange, and shipping address
- if for a refund: original form of payment, gift receipt, or shipping invoice
- your contact information: email and/or phone number
Is it safe to use my credit card?
Yes, all order transactions are completed using a secure site.
My billing address is not in the United States. How do I place an order?
We are only able to accept credit cards with a billing address in the United States. We can place an order using a check or money order in United States funds.
What about backorders?
Due to the popularity of our products, some items may be placed on backorder. In such cases, you will be notified by email or USPS mail that the item you selected is currently on backorder. You will also receive an estimate for when we expect it to become available. If the backordered item is part of an order that includes other items, you will not be charged for the item on backorder until it is sent to you and you will not be charged for any additional shipping.
How do I cancel my order?
Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service. To provide timely delivery we begin processing orders immediately after an order has been placed. During the checkout process you may make changes to your order. However, once your order has been submitted it cannot be altered. We do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. Therefore, if you are not completely satisfied with your order, you may return anything you purchase.
Orders shipped directly to you by our supplier: Due to custom manufacturing or turnaround time to ensure freshness, we are unable to cancel these orders once they have been purchased.
How does your site calculate sales tax?
If you are purchasing an item in our retail store, sales tax is calculated in accordance with applicable state and local laws. If you are purchasing an item using our website or via the phone, taxes are calculated based upon the location to which your order is being shipped.
Registration and Mailing Lists
How do I manage My Account?
To manage your account on thecuriousfork.com you must be registered user. To Login or Register, click on Login or Register in the header of any page. You will be asked to Login if you haven't already, or to create a new account. If you are experiencing difficulty please send us an email or call our Customer Service Center at Representatives are available to answer your emails or calls from 8am-midnight EST M-F and 10am-10pm EST Sat and Sun.
How do I sign up to receive emails from The Curious Fork regarding news and events?
To receive emails from The Curious Fork, simply enter your email address in the "Sign Up for Emails and Special Offers" field at the bottom of our website, and click "Sign Up."
How do I change "my information"?
In order to revise your billing information & shipping addresses, you will need to have previously registered with thecuriousfork.com. Just click on Login or Register in the header of any page. You will be prompted to Login if you haven't already. Once you have logged in you may revise any of your billing or shipping information. If you are experiencing difficulty please send us an email or call our Customer Service Center at 877-CURIOUS.
3830 Valley Centre Drive
San Diego, CA 92130